Bournemouth Beach in Dorset has been named the best in the UK, in annual travellers’ choice awards announced by TripAdvisor.
The seven-mile stretch of sand isn’t just a winner in the UK, it was rated sixth best in Europe and 20th in the world – beating idyllic locations such as the Seychelles and Cape Verde.
The best beach in the world is Baia do Sancho, which is on Fernando de Noronha, a small volcanic archipelago just off the coast of Brazil.
The stunning beach, which boasts UNESCO world heritage status, has crystal clear turquoise waters and exotic wildlife
frolicking in the forest-clad cliffs which back onto the beach. It’s difficult to get to, but worth the effort.
A littler closer to home and ranking number one in Europe’s best beaches is La Concha Beach in San Sebastian, Spain, which is also ranked fourth in the world.
Located in the centre of the city, it has just 1,500 metres of white sand. Many visitors swim to the small island that has it’s own lighthouse, a bar and picnic tables. Enjoy.
Top 10 Beaches in the World
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Varadero Beach, Varadero, Cuba
3. Eagle Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. La Concha Beach, San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
5. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
6. Clearwater Beach, Florida, United States
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli, Lampedusa, Sicily, Italy
8. Seven Mile Beach, Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
9. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
10.Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean